Tuesday, April 11, 2017

China Trip Day 8: Guangzhou to Shenzen to Hong Kong

We traveled a lot today!  We were coming back to the same hotel in Guanzhou at the end of this middle portion of the trip so we were able to leave our large luggages there!  We caught 2 cabs to the train station and got on the next train to Shenzhen for some shopping as we heard it was THE place for shopping.

I think it was about an hour train ride.  When we got there we headed to a very large mall just outside of the train station and it was about a 10 story building with just stalls and stalls and stalls of clothes, shoes, luggage, bags, toys, electronics, glasses, and whatever else you could think of!  To be honest, we didn't buy much as the items were not as cheap as we thought they would be. But it was nice to see a small section of Shenzhen. We then got lunch at KFC!

Afterwards, we crossed the street as we had to catch the subway to Hong Kong. We had to go through immigration as we were leaving China and going into Hong Kong.  I actually got STOPPED as we walked our way to the subway to take us to Hong Kong. They stopped me because I was pregnant!  They thought I was going to go to Hong Kong to have my baby!  I had no idea what they were asking because they were speaking to me in Mandarin and I yelled to have my mom come back and translate. They asked for my passport and I pulled it out and they immediately saw it was a USA passport and said "oh a USA passport, she can go through no problem."  Phew!

After transferring the subway 3 times, we got off at our stop in Hong Kong.  Joseph had booked us a really nice AirBNB to stay at for the 2 nights we would be in Hong Kong.  We got a bit lost on the way there and had to walk up these very narrow sets of stairs that looked like they were alley ways, but they were really streets to walk through!  Hong Kong is terribly hot and muggy so it was pretty hard going from the subway to the AirBnb but we finally made it!

We got in pretty late and luckily had gotten Maddie's dinner in Shenzhen so after a shower, Maddie ate her dinner and we quickly put her to bed.  Finally in Hong Kong which is one of our favorite cities to visit!

On the train from Guangzhou to Shenzhen



The large mall in Shenzhen

Maddie thought it would be a hilarious idea to crawl on the dirty floor of the mall

Enjoying his KFC lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment