Friday, September 18, 2015

Busy weekend - 2 Birthday Parties, Bucktown 5k, Riot Fest

We had a very busy weekend last weekend!

On Saturday the 12th, we went to Aleksey's first birthday, which was also a Bris and Baptism ceremony. Maddie did pretty well during the ceremony and didn't cause any disruption. Once she started to get fussy we quickly distracted her with a new toy or by switching her position.  The ceremony was very nice and we enjoyed watching the multi-religious ceremony. We could not stay for lunch as we also had cousin Emilie's second birthday that day!

Maddie and Iza, Alek's big sister, hanging out before the ceremony

After Alek's ceremony, we headed south to go to my cousin Michelle's house for her daughter Emilie's (Maddie's second cousin) second birthday. They had tons of food, a ball pit and lots of toys for Maddie to play with! We had lots of fun playing with the birthday girl. Maddie got to meet a few family members she hadn't met yet like my cousin Andrew and her girlfriend Ying, and we even got to see my cousin Vanessa and her husband Ball who were visiting from Hong Kong! I haven't seen her in about 3 years!





On Sunday the 13th, I got up bright and early (though no earlier than normal, but it was one of the only times I've gotten up earlier than Maddie recently!) to get ready to run the Bucktown 5k.  It was the first race I have run in almost 2 years. It was a nice cool morning, in the 50s, and perfect running weather.  We had plans for Joseph and Maddie to meet me at the finish line at the park when I was done. I texted Joseph a few minutes before I started, and then I was off! As I headed towards the finish line, I saw Joseph and Maddie right in front of me!  It was so great seeing them just before the finish line! Afterwards we hung out at the park for a little bit, Maddie and I shared one of my free bananas, and we headed home.



That evening, Pau Pau and Uncle Jeff came by to put Maddie down for bed while Joseph and I could get our rock on at Riot Fest. It was a very neat music festival with large stages on either end of a large park, and a carnival right in the middle! We didn't have much time so didn't ride any rides, but enjoyed watching them.  

In all, it was a jam packed fun weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment