Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Vickie's First Day Back at Work

After 13 weeks with Madeleine, my leave from work has finally ended.  My first day back to work was yesterday, Monday, February 9th.  I had stopped into the office a few times during my leave so they wouldn't forget me, haha.

I plan on heading into the office 3 days a week (M, W, F) and Pau Pau will come watch her during the day.  I will then work from home 2 days a week (Tu & Th).

All went well yesterday, Maddie did great with Pau Pau and I worked a full day and didn't shed any tears!

This morning routine has worked for the past 3 days (we did a practice run on Sunday):

Maddie wakes up around 6:15-6:30am.  I nurse her then bring her into the bathroom with me so I can watch her (and she can watch me) while I get ready for work.  I lay her on the nursing pillow on her back and also on her tummy with the rings and rattle to play with. She seems to enjoy it!  I also play with her in between brushing my teeth, washing my face, putting on makeup, etc.  This works for now since she is not mobile.




Then I change her into her outfit for the day and we proceed to play some more (kisses, tickles, sit ups, stand ups).  We then go downstairs so I can grab something to eat and drink.  And if I don't forget, we go to the basement to feed the cats.  By now Maddie starts to get tired so I start to rock her to sleep. So far she's been asleep by around 7:45-8:00am which is perfect!




Here's a picture of us before I put her down for her nap and before I left for work on the first day back:



Joseph takes over from 8:00-9:00am until my mom gets there at 9am.  I will be doing my best to leave the office at 4:30 so I'm home by 5:00pm. Maddie usually starts to get fussy and sleepy around 5:30-6 so I will be getting about 1-1.5 hours with her before bedtime.

Here's Joseph and Maddie playing before bedtime:



And I finally have my own office!  My company rearranged the front office while I was gone, so my cubicle was all packed up.  We have had an empty office for a while which I planned to pump in a few times daily, so I asked if I could just have the office rather than go in there several times a day, and they agreed. Yay for privacy!  I'm also more productive since I can just close the door and work while I pump.

The office needs some pictures of Maddie, and definitely some new curtains (they are probably 50 years old, yuck!)




In all, the first day back was a success!





No comments:

Post a Comment