Monday, May 20, 2019

Maddie Walked to her classroom all by herself

This Thursday morning, May 9, 2019, as I pulled the car into St Mary's parking lot to drop Maddie off at school, she said she wanted to walk in by herself. I said "Really??" and asked her why. She said that her friend Aaliyah does it sometimes! And it's true because we have seen it.  I told her that I at least had to walk with her through the parking lot as it's dangerous, and that I would walk her to the front door of the school. I asked if she knew where she was going as she has to walk up the stairs, then through the hall, then another few steps and all the way to her room. She said she did!

So I walked her through the front door and tried to follow behind her a few steps but she turned around, put out her arm and said "No, don't walk with me." So I let her go and followed about 15 feet away so she wouldn't see me. She ended up walking to class with her friend Eva and Eva's mom. Eva's mom turned around and gave me a thumbs up sign.

The next day she wanted to walk in by herself again and I followed behind. She kept turning around to see if I was there and I would quickly run to the side so she wouldn't see me.

Since then, she's wanted to walk inside about half the time, and the other half she will let me walk her inside with her.

Our Maddie is getting SO big! 

No comments:

Post a Comment