Monday, July 4, 2016

Long Holiday Weekend

Maddie and I spent all weekend alone just the 2 of us as Joseph was in Denver for a bachelor party.  We took it easy as she was a bit sick.  On Saturday we went to a playground she hasn't been to in awhile. She did not want to do anything except walk up and down a steep hill which was fine with me since everything was a bit too advanced for her.

On Sunday we went to Target for some groceries. I let her loose in the toy section and she immediately gravitated towards 2 large Mickey Mouse plush toys.  Mickey sat in the cart next to her as we shopped and when it was time to check out, I persuaded her to leave the Mickey's and we bought a couple of small Care Bears instead. I got her a small Mickey at the second hand store the day after (It is of course washed and in her crib when she sleeps).

We had a great weekend together with lots of fun - and we both survived!











Maddie also learned how to take a selfie (while I told the phone) and she LOVES pushing the white button and taking selfies!  I don't know if it's the photo click sound or the screen flashing but she loves it and bursts out laughing every time she takes a few pictures






No comments:

Post a Comment